Modafinil is the prescription-only med that is used for treating sleepiness. Or you can just say when the patient feels extremely sleepy in the daytime, and meanwhile, cannot sleep properly in the nighttime, this med helps.
This can also be used in another serious condition that causes slow or shallow-breathing while sleeping. It treats by manipulating chemicals in the brain responsible for making us sleepy and awake.
An interesting study in 2012 showed Modafinil not only treats excessive sleepiness but also enhances memory, and makes you energetic, and focused.
Most people may take it because of depressed longer work hours.
But there are warnings, side effects, and precautions you need to know because some of its side effects are truly dangerous.
So let’s start with how long it stays in your system.
How Long Modafinil Stays in Your Body?
So how long it actually stays in your system, depends upon a lot of factors. For example; your age, body type, how long you’ve been taking it, genetics, and your liver health.
The effects of Modafinil 200MG can start to kick in within 30 minutes.
However, keep in mind that how long it will take to start its effect can vary from person to person. You may notice the effectiveness within one or two hours.
The half life of Modafinil can range between 10 to 15 hours, which means every 10 or 15 hours, its concentration gets half. And it gets excreted through the urinary system.
However, you should not take it as a signal that it will just flash out of your body within 15 hours. Doctors can still trace it in the urine for up to 30 hours from the moment you take your pill.
Beware: if someone has been taking this medicine for so long, for example from 40+ weeks to 3+ years, it may leave withdrawal symptoms or side effects.
Below we are going to talk about those effects, and what should you do if you notice those in you.
If you are taking this medicine with the prescription, you really don’t have to worry about the side effects as your pharmacist has already fact-checked you.
But in case you overdose or misuse it, tell your doctor immediately, if the following symptoms are starting to appear.
Here goes…some lighter and most common side effects:
- Headache, dizziness, drowsiness, diarrhoea, gas,
- Dry throat, nose bleeding, a lot of sweating,
- Muscle tightness, back pain, uncontrolled actions, or confused thinking
- Shaking of your body parts, numbness or burning skin, weak or blurry vision
Here are some serious side effects that need immediate emergency attention:
- Itching, hives, blisters, peeling of the skin,
- Irregular or abnormal heartbeat, seizures, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, hallucination,
- Swelling of the face, tongue, throat, ankles, and
- Difficulty in breathing and swallowing food
Please bear in mind this list may not contain all the possible side effects you may experience. So you’re advised to strictly follow your doctor’s suggestion. In case anything goes bad, call for an emergency immediately. If ignored, Modafinil might cause your death.
Here are some necessary precautions you MUST follow.
Tell your doctor if you are:
- Pregnant, planning to become, or breast-feeding
- Allergic to Modafinil or any other drug
- Taking or planning to take any other vitamins, drugs, herbals, meals
- An alcoholic or you have recently quit alcohol
- Dealing with or dealt with the chest pain, high blood pressure, seizures attacks, depression, Aids, STDs, cancer, liver and kidney disease
- Planning to change your diet
If you miss it’s dose, do not overdose. Skip and take the next one at your prescribed schedule. Also, this med is not meant for children under 16, so keep it far away from kids.
Conclusion: Is it safe for the long term?
Multiple studies have shown good results that Modafinil is well-tolerated within the period of 40 weeks or so. But recent studies have also confirmed that this medicine is subjected to abuse and addiction, which means it can disturb the immune system and even trigger psychological issues.
So the smart way is to only take it as your doctor has prescribed, and avoid its misuse.
And if you need further assistance or you want Modafinil to be delivered at your door front today, just give a call to 1HealthyDoze.
We’re a registered online pharmacy helping people by delivering their daily essential doses.